Yes!! You heard it right a “Museum of Toilets” in Delhi by Sulabh. It is titled as one of the weirdest museum in the world by the Time magazine. Made by a social activitist Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak in 1992. Established with the objective to address the global history of sanitation and toilets. This museum is an absolute delight to visit because it has exhibits and items displaying the transition in toilet related technology, sanitation habits, hygiene etiquettes.
Some Unique Things to see here:
1. Toilets made of silver and gold used by the “Roman emperors”.
2. Sewerage system during the Harappan Civilization.
3. Copy of the toilet of King Louis XIV used by them.
4. A copy of a chamber pot in form of treasure chest from the British period.
Many visitors came here to see the Museum because of its uniqueness. And day by day our India is promoting cleanliness which was initiated my our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi Ji.
How to Reach Sulabh International Museum of Toilets
There is no Direct Metro to museum. Best advice is that you must hire a cab or taxi directly to here. But if you want to travel with Public Transport you can go upto Uttam Nagar East via Metro, then Bus of Route No.-761, 881 or 901 will help you to reach here.
1. You can use Guide Book on Toilets which will increase your knowledge.
2. You can also take pictures with Toilets and share with friends which will be a funny thing.
Photos of Sulabh International Museum of Toilets
I hope you Enjoyed as well as Laughed after Reading this. Please Give your valuable Feedback in the Comment Box.
Thank you 🙏