As you all Know that we call our Delhi as “Dil Walo ki Delhi”. And today Delhi is one of the Capital in World which is Growing Day by Day. But Today I will Tell You Some Untold Facts About Delhi which will Blow your Mind.
So, Let’s Start..
1. The Red Fort Used To Be White in Colour
Surprised!! Yes, Red Fort use to be white in colour. Many survey which is conducted by archaeologies found that it was White in Colour.Red Fort was constructed in 1638 by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. Shah Jahan built it when he decided to shift capital from Agra to Delhi. It was made up of Limestone.But as time Passes the Shinning of Red Fort decreased. So, the British officers painted it with Red.
2. Delhi Once was Bound by 14 Gates
Initially Delhi was Bounded by 14 Gates. But only 5 are remaining to Till Date. Here are the names of Five Gates in Delhi.
- Kashmiri Gate – Also One of the Most Famous Metro Station in Delhi. This Gate was Constructed By Robert Smith in 1835.
- Lahori Gate – It is the Main Entrance of Red Fort.
- Delhi Gate – Also known as “Dilli Darwaza” is another Entrance of Red Fort.
- Ajmeri Gate – Was constructed in 1644 facing Towards Ajmer.
- Turkan Gate – Constructed during 13th Century and Located in Shahjahanabad.
3. Delhi is One of the Largest Market of Spices in Asia
The Khari Baori market, which was established in 17th Century. Many shopkeepers from Delhi or across India visit this place to Purchase Spices and Dry-fruits. But it remains Close on Sunday.
4. All Public Transport in Delhi Runs on CNG Only
Yes!! All Public Transport from bus to Auto Rickshaw runs on CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) to keep the Pollution of all Vehicles in Check.
5. Delhi is Currently 2nd Most Populated City in World
This can be Shock for Someone. But this is a true Fact. As India is on second Position in terms of Population after China. The Estimate Population of Delhi is Around 30 Million in 2019.
6. Delhi has Tallest Minaret in World
Qutub Minar was constructed in 1193.It is 73 m-high tower of victory, built in 1193 by Qutab-ud-din Aibak immediately after the defeat of Delhi’s last Hindu kingdom. The tower has five distinct storeys, each marked by a projecting balcony and tapers from a 15 m diameter at the base to just 2.5 m at the top.
7. Delhi has One of the Largest Metro Rail Network
Delhi Metro Stands on 13th Position in Terms of Rail Network. We Delhi Resident cant’t Imagine Our Life with Delhi Metro.It Started on 24th December 2002. From then to till Date Delhi Metro has become the Most Important part of Delhi.
8. Largest City in India
Yes! You heard it Right.Delhi is the Largest City of India. Delhi has 15 Police Districts with 178 territorial Police Stations and 5 Specialised Crime Units. It also has Supreme Court which is obviously only one in India.
9. Delhi is also the second most bird-rich capital in the world
After Nairobi, Kenya, Delhi stands on the second most bird-rich capital in the world.
Here’s a sprinkling of all the species found here!
- Black Drongo.
- Rock Pigeon.
- Common Mynahs.
- Pariah Kites.
- Laughing Doves.
- Indian Peafowl.
- Whitethroated Kingfisher.
10. Delhi Hosted CWG in 2010
The vibrant city of New Delhi, hosted the Commonwealth Games in October 2010. This was the first time India has hosted the Games and only the second time the event has been held in Asia (Kuala Lumpur in 1998 was the first).